Sunday, November 29, 2009

Looking Glass Accessories


This wood telescope is coming along very well. Here is a photo of the scope before paint and varnish to show how much of the scope is new woodwork.

Since that photo, I have done a few modifications:

I rebuilt the focuser holder out of a piece of 1/2 inch ply wood.

I painted and varnished all the pieces of the scope.

I cut an inch and a half from the height of the scope.

I built a primary mirror cover for the lower box.

I built a new brace system for the top of the primary mirror box.

I sewed a secondary mirror cover

I sewed a container for the trusses for transport.

I modified the white nylon cover I had built for the HyperLightbridge and it now fits Looking Glass very well.

OK. Now I need some clear, dark skies after full moon. Lets put the request in.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt, I also did some thinking about improvements for the hyperlightbridge base. It looks like the stuff will cost about $50-60. Let me know when/if you want to get started on your scope.

    ReplyDelete